For one thing, it’s cold in the winter. For another, it becomes dark outside in the early hours during this time of the year. So, when temperatures drop too low, you want to keep your kids in the house. However, instead of hearing them say they’re bored, show them some of these fun winter art projects.
Handprint and Fingerprint Tree Art
Children of all ages love to color. For that reason, this makes an ideal project to keep them busy in the winter.
First, here are the supplies you’ll need:
- White glue and black acrylic paint
- Heavyweight cardstock or watercolor paper
- Liquid watercolors
- Flat wash watercolor brush (3/4 to 1 ½ inches wide)
- Printable winter tree art template (optional)
Now, if you have younger children, they might find it easier to create this tree using a printable template. Otherwise, they can draw one freehanded or use a stencil. Regardless, they’ll have a blast.
Second, have your kids follow these simple instructions:
- Using a template, working with a stencil, or drawing freehanded, they’ll paint a tree on cardstock or watercolor paper. However, for a more dramatic effect, choose either one of these in black.
- Next, they’ll use a brush and liquid watercolors to make the branches. Regarding the leaves, they can paint them as well. However, they can also glue on pieces of tissue paper.
Remember, there’s no right or wrong way for them to do this. Instead, let them use their creative minds to come up with ideas. After all, winter art projects aren’t just fun but also educational.
Bubble Wrap Winter Tree
Here’s a different take on tree making. Although younger children can make this tree, never leave them unsupervised. That’s because bubble wrap can create a safety risk. However, it’s also an excellent option for older kids.
To start with, you’ll need these supplies for your kids to make a bubble wrap winter tree:
- Printable blank snowy tree
- Color printer
- Small sheets of bubble wrap
- Light blue cardstock
- Small paper plates
- Washable white craft paint
Here are the easy instructions for your kids to follow:
- Small paper plates
- Next, print the snowy tree template on light blue cardstock.
- Now, put some white craft paint on paper plates.
- Then, they’ll use bubble wrap to paint instead of a traditional paintbrush. For this, they’ll start by adding leaves to the tree.
- Afterward, they can enhance their snowy tree with a variety of additional supplies. For instance, you could let them use glitter, small faux gems, pieces of colored strings, or seeds.
You might also like: Make These New Orleans Classics For Mardi Gras
Unlimited Winter Art Projects
You can choose from thousands of unique art projects. However, to make this more fun for your kids, ask which ones they’d like to do. A quick online search will reveal countless possibilities. Below are a few more options to consider:
- Winter Reflection Art
- Northern Lights
- Winter Animals (bears, cougars, coyotes, birds, etc.)
- Snowmen Painting
- Sparkly Winter Sky
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.