If you’re like most people, you dread cold winters as outside temperatures drop. Even if you dress in layers, once you’re chilled, it’s hard to warm up. Well, any one of these three hot drinks will do the trick. Not only that, but these beverages are delicious.
You’ll love this hot beverage even if you don’t typically drink coffee. That’s because it’s made with rich, dark chocolate. To make this Italian Coffee recipe, just follow these simple steps:
- Start by melting 1 ounce of dark chocolate. When done, put it inside a piping bag. Then, pipe small dollops on a piece of aluminum foil. Allow them to sit until they’re dry and firm.
- Put 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Over low heat, melt the sugar until it turns golden brown while whisking continuously.
- Next, stir in 1/2 cup of espresso. You can adjust the amount if wanted. Bring the ingredients to a boil until they reduce. You’ll next put the ingredients in a bowl. Set it aside until they cool. At that point, stir in roughly 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese.
- Now, fold in 3/4 cup of whipped cream. Then, carefully spoon the coffee and cream mixture into serving cups. Finally, place one or two dollops of the dark chocolate on top.
Mexican Hot Chocolate
The combination of unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, and just a hint of chili is perfect for warding off the cold.
- In a saucepan, add 2 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Then, add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder. For a spicier drink, you can also add 1/8 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
- Cook the ingredients on medium-high heat and whisk continuously. Next, add 1 ounce of bittersweet chocolate. Again, whisk until the chocolate completely melts. However, don’t let the ingredients boil.
- When ready, pour the Mexican hot chocolate into two mugs. You’ll then add miniature marshmallows on top, along with chocolate shavings. For the final touch, place a cinnamon stick in each mug.
You might also like: Your Car’s Stuck In Snow. Now What?
Ginger and Jasmine Tea
Although this beverage isn’t as heavy and rich as the other two, it’s still delicious and ideal for a cold day. In addition, you can drink it cold during the summer.
- For this, first brew enough jasmine tea in a saucepan for two servings. While simmering, add 4 fresh or frozen blackberries, 1/2 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- Now, to give this hot beverage a little kick, you can add fresh lemon or 1 tablespoon of turmeric. Serve the tea in two mugs, along with slices of lemon.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.