There are several aspects to consider when planning a tailgate. Every amazing tailgate has the right location, delicious food, and fun entertainment. No matter which game you plan a tailgate for, this checklist by The Frugal Girls is extremely helpful for planning the ultimate party. These tricks and tips can help you plan an unforgettable event. Get creative with your tailgate and make it fun for the whole family.
Tailgating Tips and Tricks
- Find The Perfect Location – First things first, you’ll want to make sure you’ve narrowed down the perfect location. It’s important to consider parking near shaded areas to protect your tailgate from rain or shine. If no shaded areas are available, you’ll want to consider bringing a tent. You’ll also want to think about steering clear from loud areas or blaring music so you and your family can enjoy the game peacefully.
- Fire The Grill Up As Soon As You Get There – You can’t have a tailgate without delicious foods like veggies or grilled meats. Your food will have plenty of time to cool down so everyone can dig in and enjoy the food. You’ll want to make sure you pack covers for the food if you plan to have the tailgate outside.
- Fill The Coolers With Ice And Drinks – You can’t enjoy a tailgate and yummy treats without some cold drinks and water bottles. Plan to load up the cooler early so that the drinks have plenty of time to get cold before everyone arrives.
- Pack The Best Food – You’ll want to pack easy-to-eat finger foods so people can eat on the go. Try tailgating foods like cookies, chips and salsa, sliders, crockpot chili, deviled eggs, hamburgers, hot dogs, individually wrapped candy, and more. You can warm food in your crockpot to keep your food tasty longer.
- Bring Tailgate Decorations – Don’t forget to bring decorations when planning your tailgate. You may want to coordinate your color decorations with your team’s colors. Try bringing decorations like balloons, hanging banners, cheerleading pom poms, foam fingers, football football-themed serving dishes.
You May Also Like: The Future Of Electric Vehicles
Kickstart Your Tailgate Today
Now that you know what you need to plan the best tailgating experience, grab the keys to your car and head to the store to stock up on all the necessary supplies. You’ll also want to plan ahead and give yourself enough time for set up. Try arriving at the designated tailgating area 4 hours before kickoff so you don’t have to stress and can relax and enjoy time with friends and family. Other helpful tips and tricks are to find ideal tables and chairs. Try rolling tables, which makes setting up for your tailgate that much easier. Ensure you pack extra garbage bags for easy cleanup after the game ends.