In the fall, the beauty of Lake George lies within the deep reds, golden yellows, and vivid oranges that wrap the landscape in a carpet of color. This spectacle reaches its peak in the first two weeks of October; however, though fall is stunning throughout the Adirondacks, Lake George is a vacation paradise year-round. Lake George is tucked away in the Adirondack mountain range, which is the largest protected area in the contiguous United States. The park offers a ton of activities ranging from boating, fishing, camping, golfing, whitewater rafting, biking, hiking, and much, much more.
Lake George is home to some of the best fall color views in the Adirondacks. The leaves begin to change color in late September. The colors reach its peak in the first two weeks of October. You can easily find spots in and around Lake George to view the foliage, but here are the top six spots for quality viewing:
- Shepard Park
- Prospect Mountain
- Fort William Henry
- On the lake with the Lake George Steamboat Company
- The eastern side of Lake George
- Cat and Thomas Mountains
You might also like: Find The Pick Of The Patch Near Queensbury
Fall Festivals and Events
Lake George is a haven for those that love the fall. Thanks to a ton of festivals and events, Lake George is the place to go to fully embrace the allure of fall. The following is a short list of fall activities that can be enjoyed with family and friends:
- Oktoberfest and Fall Festival: This annual event takes place from October 8-10. Lake George Village is transformed into a Bavarian-style street fair. You can enjoy polka music, German food, carnival rides, and more.
- Harvest Festival at Gore Mountain: This event includes live music, fall food and drink menus, gondola rides, hiking, climbing, downhill mountain biking, among others.
- Fright Fest at the Great Escape: The park offers family-friendly Halloween fun throughout the day. At 5 p.m., ghouls come out and the park transforms into a Halloween thrill park with scary shows, rides, and more.
Furthermore, here are some of the best overall activities that Lake George has to offer: Factory Outlets of Lake George, Prospect Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway, Fort William Henry Museum, The Festival Commons at Charles R. Wood Park, Lake George Steamboat Company, Revolution Rail Company, Lake George Shoreline Cruises, Whitewater rafting, Natural Stone Bridge and Caves, and Adirondack Extreme Adventure Courses.