Are you on the hunt for car cleaning tips that don’t involve spending loads of money on detailing? If so, you have come to the right place. Della Automotive Group has cobbled together a variety of car cleaning hacks that ensure your car remains looking new at an affordable price. The vast majority of the materials needed to clean your vehicle can be found lying about your home. So, take some time out of your day and peruse these various car cleaning hacks.
You might also like: Enjoy BBQ At These Local Restaurants
Car Cleaning Hacks
- Spray vents with compressed air – Fight off dust that accumulates in air vents with a can of compressed air. As you know, removing the dust from air vents is a tedious and annoying task. With a normal compressed air spray can, you can accelerate the process and provide a deep clean at the same time.
- Buff vinyl with a Magic Eraser – Magic Erasers are a gift from the cleaning Gods. They are excellent at removing scuffs on everything from walls, cabinets, tables, to even vinyl and leather. However, be aware that a Magic Eraser can potentially damage paint or worn-out leather.
- Clean your dashboard with Vaseline – I bet you have never heard of this one before. You can condition your vehicle’s dashboard with a touch of Vaseline. All that you have to do is smear some of this miracle goo on your dashboard with a microfiber cloth. The Vaseline will not dry out, and if a retouch is needed, just repeat the process. It’s that easy.
- Clean cup holders with Windex – As we know, cup holders are a magnet for dirt and gunk. If you’ve had trouble cleaning them in the past, then you should try utilizing a sock with some Windex sprayed on it. Take the sock and twist it throughout the cup holder. This is guaranteed to thoroughly clean those pesky cup holders.
- Use baking soda to clean carpet – If you want to clean your carpet and help neutralize the odor at the same time, sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet before you vacuum. Baking soda reacts to acidic and alkaline molecules and kills them.
- Keep a microfiber cloth handy – Microfiber cloths easily soak up water and allows you to quickly clean your vehicle. It also helps prevent scratches and does not leave streaks on the windows.
- Use WD-40 to clean off dead bugs and bird poop – WD-40 is perfect for removing any gunk from your vehicle’s body without causing damage. Be sure to rinse with soap and water when you are finished.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.